Forum Topic

Even Al Murray not known for being a "lefty" extracted th urine of Chiswick and Chiswickians regularly when doing stand up here and he blooming lives here.  I find it excessively boring reading about how "lefty" a comedian is.  They are either funny or not so funny.  Some are hilarious to one audience and atrocious to another.  As stated previously if you don't like one don't go to see them.  I like a great deal of comedy thankfully we watched Dave Allen and not Bernard Manning in our house we watched the comedians and I had my favourites but my dad knew Manning was to be switched off or turned down as my mother hated him. Jim Davidson was also a no no being Irish and having Caribbean friends meant he was just racist and not funny but  very many clever and silly people were enjoyed and still are.  I love Gina Yashere she should have had a huge TV career here after her work with Lenny Henry but no the powers that be are still living in the white predominantly male TV world to understand how utterly hilarious she is especially when talking about her Nigerian background.  So she goes to the US and they have stolen her for TV and stage and we lose out. Victoria Wood was one of the best comedy writers as well as stand ups we have ever had but when another of her ilk comes through now they have to be Posh so we gte Miranda who is very funny but there are more women comics ou there than her and I know she would say the same.  Disabled comedians I watch online crack me up every time as they do non disable audiences but TV seem to think if you are shaped differently you can't be funny.  They are all wrong comedy is not a one size fits all if it were 40% of people would never laugh

Caroline Carney ● 20d